Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dreams

Ok, so This is another poem I wrote I while ago. Its got a pretty steady metre, and i would like to know what you guys think (some of you may have already seen it.)


Dreams


I am sleeping, only sleeping,
So gently through the Night.
I am dreaming, only dreaming,
Of knights in armour bright.

I am wishing, only wishing,
To join them in their fight.
I am longing, only longing,
to cast my lot with right.

I am hoping, only hoping,
That one day I might.
Leave here, only leave here,
And join them in their plight.

I am fearing, only fearing,
The dragon's mighty claw.
For he is slaying, only slaying,
Many with his maw.

I am standing, only standing,
Before the mighty beast.
I am fearless, only fearless,
Though I am the least.

I am praying only praying,
For courage in my trial,
I am Trying only trying,
To slay this beast so vile.

I am holding, only holding,
My gleaming sword so high,
I am crying, only crying,
Thou beast prepare to die.



And then one day, only one day,
When before the king I kneel.
He shall welcome only welcome,
The servant to the meal.

-----------------------------


As you can see, it has more of a mystical-ish feel to it. By the way, an idea for a song popped into my head the other night, and i am now working on developing it. I might post it up here for you all to read!


As always,


~An Ordinary

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so cool.
    What I seem to draw from it is that you dream you're a knight fighting dragons, and when you wake up you still are a knight but you're fighting sin. And then when you go to heaven, the war will be over :)
    Am I right?
    Even if I'm not I still like what I drew from it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a pretty good interpretation jenna! Thats about the gist of the poem. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I've definitely seen that one before. :-)
    Punctuation? Other than that, I don't think I have any qualms. (I'd better not, given my history with this one.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this before but reading it again was still as refreshing as the first time=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is great, Robert!

    -Abbie

    P.S. That picture is not me. XD

    ReplyDelete