Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dark, Dismal, and oh yes, Dreary...

Alrighty folks! Been a bit since i last posted, but i got some new ones for ya. Well, some of them aren't so new, but most of you probably haven' seen them before. As usual, they are all rather dark...or dismal i should say. Anywho, I would greatly appreciate feedback!!!

Imprisoned

The icy grip of winter's claw,
Seems grasping at me tightly.
Fear yet to be consumed,
Burns within my being.

Am I to be enslaved,
Forever victim of its snare?
For I sway upon an edge,
It awaits me to fall.

As cold as death,
Its ropes bind me.
Twisting my fate to its own,
It seeks my destruction.

But Lo I shall be free,
For yea, it cannot last.
Its strength is limited,
To the passing of time.

Its grip has weakened,
Quietly I slip away.
The endless night is over,
The Morning has finally come.


Lament

(In case your wondering, this one's about a chap in hell...cheerful subject aint it?)

Why had I chosen,
The way of the fool.
How could I have lost,
The Straight and Narrow.

Darkness covers me,
“Oh it would end!”
The torture, the pain,
It goes ever on.

Eternal darkness,
Is where I now lay.
For the sower reaps,
What he has sown.

If you can listen,
Just for time’s moment.
Heed my final cry,
And do as I say

The Straight and Narrow,
Is the only way.
Believe in the Cross,
And a Savior’s promise.

Two doors before you,
A choice must be made.
Eternal death,
Eternal life.

Choose, let it be done,
Now reap what you have sowed,
The harvest has come.
Your reward awaits,

Go, Enter in





Alrighty, thats about it. Thanks for readin! If you have any thoughts you would like to share, feel free to comment!


-Dr. R


P.S. - Please remember that all my works are unedited!

3 comments:

  1. i like the strong word choices in the first one. btw, when are you ever going to finish that one book of poems? lol haha

    -cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know you'll prob never see this comment, haha... but these are really good poems :) i hope you're still writing poetry. it's a beautiful way to express things when other ways can't.

    ReplyDelete